- September 30, 2016
- Webinar: Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Location: Webinar
- October 20, 2016
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Tax Effective Supply Chain Management (TESCM)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 26000 American Dr, Southfield, MI 48034
- November 17, 2016
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: How to Promote and Implement a Strategic Purchasing Culture
- Location: NSF International, 789 N. Dixboro Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- December 15, 2016
- ISM-SEM Member Appreciation Meeting & Holiday Event
- Location: Location TBD
- January 19, 2017
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Procuring on Total Cost of Ownership and Total Profit Added
- Location: Location to be determined.
- Click here to view all events
other events of interest
ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Michigan Multimodal Hub GLITTH initiative
Date: May 16, 2013
Location: Marriott Detroit Livonia
May 2013 Dinner
May 2013 Keynote Event
Great Lakes and International Trade and Transport Hub (GLITTH) Initiative
Dr. David J. Closs is the John H. McConnell Chaired Professor of Business Administration in the Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management at Michigan State University. Dr. Closs completed his MBA and Ph.D. at Michigan State in 1978 focusing on the topics of marketing, logistics and management science.
Dr. Closs has been extensively involved in the development and application of computer models and information systems for logistics operations and planning. The computer models have included applications for location analysis, inventory management, forecasting and routing. The information systems development focuses on inventory management, forecasting and transportation applications. His experience has focused on the logistics related issues in the consumer products, medical and pharmaceutical products and parts industries. Dr. Closs actively participates in logistics executive development seminars and has presented sessions in North America, South America, Asia, Australia and Eastern Europe. Dr. Closs’s primary research interests include supply chain strategy, information systems, security. and planning techniques. He was one of the principle researchers in two studies completed by Michigan State University investigating world-class logistics and supply chain capabilities.
Dr. Closs has authored and co-authored numerous articles and made presentations regarding world-class logistics and supply chain capabilities and logistics information systems applications.
Dr. Closs is an active member in the Council of Logistics Management and was Editor of the Journal of Business Logistics. He is Executive Editor of Logistics Quarterly.
AnnMarie’s expertise in strategic planning, government relations, and program development is evidenced by keystone programs for which she has been instrumental in their startup and continued success. The Michigan Political Leadership Program enrolls citizens who are planning to run for a state-level office in a ten-week course addressing effective governance, policy in practice, and citizen engagement. Michigan’s Legislative Leadership Program is a policy orientation for new legislators transitioning from candidate to policymaker.
Quarterly, the State of the State Survey gauges public opinion on policy topics and consumer confidence. A yearly forum series informs the policy community of current debate and key research findings on major issues at the State level. Also, within AnnMarie’s immediate responsibility is the Michigan Applied Public Policy Research Grants which designates funds for policy-related research.
As director of the Canadian Studies Center, AnnMarie’s charge is to generate interest and engagement in Canada’s role in the world among academic, business and policy communities. She is recognized by Midwest State and Provincial policy and business leaders for advancing discussion related to trade and transportation between the U.S. and Canada. The discussion has inspired a multi-sector, cross-border chartered organization focused on linking assets for economic growth, the Great Lakes International Trade and Transport Hub (GLITTH) Initiative. The Michigan Economic Development Corporation has adopted the GLITTH strategy as a key business development.
Location: Marriott Detroit Livonia
back to calendar listing
WELCOME NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS
- David Duggan, Valeo
- Gary Foster, CPSM, C.P.M.
- Lana Klein, Inteva Products
- Joel Weina, Amcor Rigid Plastics
- Aplava Karthik, Student
- Tessa Eastman, Student
- Devadatta Kulkarni, Tata Consultancy Services
- Donald Stonehouse, Letica Corporation
- Eric Lee, Student
- Spencer Webb, ValuePoint Materials
- Terri Rouse-Shelton C.P.M., JIT Supply Chain Cons Solutions
- Aunshree Skidham, Student
- Faye Northey, Wayne County Airport Authority
- Wendy Maldonado, CPSM, C.P.M.,GKN Driveline
- Ross Scott, Student
- John Mogelnicki, Chassix
- Paul Corby, Thirdware Solutions
- Carol Westerkamp, Stefanini
- Kristyn Luiso,
- Cecilia Jidas, C.P.M., Amcor Rigid Plastics
- Jeffrey Addison, Borg Warner
- Kelly Bladzik, Kyocera
- Jonathan Berg, Bodman PLC
- Carrie Fox, AAA Michigan