- November 11, 2016
- Webinar: Leading Practices to Help Suppliers Do More for Your Organization
- Location: Webinar
- November 17, 2016
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: How to Promote and Implement a Strategic Purchasing Culture
- Location: NSF International, 789 N. Dixboro Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- December 15, 2016
- ISM-SEM Member Appreciation Meeting & Holiday Event
- Location: Location TBD
- January 19, 2017
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Procuring on Total Cost of Ownership and Total Profit Added
- Location: Location to be determined.
- March 10, 2017
- Webinar: Supplier Relationship Management
- Location: Webinar
- Click here to view all events
other events of interest
ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Lean Processes in Purchasing and Supply
Location: AIAG Headquarters - 26200 Lahser Road Suite 200 , Southfield, MI 48033
Date: April 18, 2013
Location: AIAG Headquarters, Southfield
April 2013 Dinner
April 2013 Keynote Event
Innovation can generally be thought of as cost reducing or demand enhancing. Companies across industries have embraced “Lean” as a cost reducing method to innovate processes based on the elimination of waste.
On April 18th, ISM-SEM will have Mark Doman contributing a special presentation on lean fundamentals and how lean affects both the operations and office environments of the business. Lean strategy requires the use of various waste reduction practices such as stable standardized processes, efficient and leveled process flow, JIT, problem solving, high quality, and continuous improvement to achieve its objective of value maximization.
We often think of the production floor when we talk of lean. However, more and more companies are applying lean principles to the office environment helping them reduce process cycles times, improve process quality, and eliminate waste. Mark has worked with his consulting clients on lean transformation. His focus is on helping companies undertake lean as a journey and not a quick fix.
Mark will speak on lean transformation in business with special focus on administration and key concerns and tactics to implement lean in the office environment. He will spend time in the purchasing function and explain where he has seen special challenges and success in leaning supply processes.
Mark S. Doman is a Pawley Professor in Lean Studies at Oakland University in the Human Resource Development Department and the Director of the Pawley Lean Institute. Prior to joining Oakland University, he had 25 years of business experience with Ford and AT&T, where he held various executive positions in operations, human resources and legal. He has led several major organizational change initiatives throughout his career that included corporate restructuring, Lean Workouts, Kaizens, quality circles, TQM and process re-engineering.
Mark is the author of “A New Lean Paradigm in Higher Education: A Case Study.” Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 19 No. 3, 2011 and “How Lean Ready Are You?” Target, Vol. 28 No. 2, 2012. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Location: AIAG Headquarters,
back to calendar listing
WELCOME NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS
- David Duggan, Valeo
- Gary Foster, CPSM, C.P.M.
- Lana Klein, Inteva Products
- Joel Weina, Amcor Rigid Plastics
- Aplava Karthik, Student
- Tessa Eastman, Student
- Devadatta Kulkarni, Tata Consultancy Services
- Donald Stonehouse, Letica Corporation
- Eric Lee, Student
- Spencer Webb, ValuePoint Materials
- Terri Rouse-Shelton C.P.M., JIT Supply Chain Cons Solutions
- Aunshree Skidham, Student
- Faye Northey, Wayne County Airport Authority
- Wendy Maldonado, CPSM, C.P.M.,GKN Driveline
- Ross Scott, Student
- John Mogelnicki, Chassix
- Paul Corby, Thirdware Solutions
- Carol Westerkamp, Stefanini
- Kristyn Luiso,
- Cecilia Jidas, C.P.M., Amcor Rigid Plastics
- Jeffrey Addison, Borg Warner
- Kelly Bladzik, Kyocera
- Jonathan Berg, Bodman PLC
- Carrie Fox, AAA Michigan