- January 15, 2015
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Macro and Micro Trends in Employment
- Location: AIAG Headquarters - 26200 Lahser Road Suite 200 , Southfield, MI 48033
- February 19, 2015
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Risk Management
- Location: Blue Cross Blue Shield M ichigan - 600 E. Lafayette, Detroit, MI
- March 19, 2015
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: How and Why to Procure on Total Cost of Ownership
- Location: Location Park Place, 23400 Park Street, Dearborn, MI 48124
- April 16, 2015
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Lean Culture
- Location: ITC Holdings Corp, 27175 Energy Way / Novi, MI 48377
- May 21, 2015
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Steve Ebben - Forgotten Harvest (tour included)
- Location: Forgotten Harvest, 21800 Greenfield Road, Oak Park, MI 48237
- Click here to view all events
other events of interest
ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Lean Processes in Purchasing and Supply
Location: AIAG Headquarters - 26200 Lahser Road Suite 200 , Southfield, MI 48033
Date: April 18, 2013
Location: AIAG Headquarters, Southfield
April 2013 Dinner
April 2013 Keynote Event
Innovation can generally be thought of as cost reducing or demand enhancing. Companies across industries have embraced “Lean” as a cost reducing method to innovate processes based on the elimination of waste.
On April 18th, ISM-SEM will have Mark Doman contributing a special presentation on lean fundamentals and how lean affects both the operations and office environments of the business. Lean strategy requires the use of various waste reduction practices such as stable standardized processes, efficient and leveled process flow, JIT, problem solving, high quality, and continuous improvement to achieve its objective of value maximization.
We often think of the production floor when we talk of lean. However, more and more companies are applying lean principles to the office environment helping them reduce process cycles times, improve process quality, and eliminate waste. Mark has worked with his consulting clients on lean transformation. His focus is on helping companies undertake lean as a journey and not a quick fix.
Mark will speak on lean transformation in business with special focus on administration and key concerns and tactics to implement lean in the office environment. He will spend time in the purchasing function and explain where he has seen special challenges and success in leaning supply processes.
Mark S. Doman is a Pawley Professor in Lean Studies at Oakland University in the Human Resource Development Department and the Director of the Pawley Lean Institute. Prior to joining Oakland University, he had 25 years of business experience with Ford and AT&T, where he held various executive positions in operations, human resources and legal. He has led several major organizational change initiatives throughout his career that included corporate restructuring, Lean Workouts, Kaizens, quality circles, TQM and process re-engineering.
Mark is the author of “A New Lean Paradigm in Higher Education: A Case Study.” Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 19 No. 3, 2011 and “How Lean Ready Are You?” Target, Vol. 28 No. 2, 2012. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Location: AIAG Headquarters,
back to calendar listing
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Andriy Bilunskiy, WSU
Ryan Cramer, Douglas Dynamics
Melvin Lofton, Eagle Ottawa