- January 16, 2014
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Effective use of Cost Modeling
- Location: AIAG Headquarters, Southfield, MI
- February 20, 2014
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: 2014 Corporate Travel Top Trends & Travel Management Company RFP Best Practices
- Location: Marriott Detroit Livonia - 17100 Laurel Park Drive North - Livonia, Michigan 48152
- March 20, 2014
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: "How Rockwell Automation went from .02% in MBE sourcing spend to 28%"
- Location: Ukrainian Culture Center, Warren
- April 10, 2014
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Open Book Sourcing
- Location: Park Place in Dearborn (23400 Park St., Dearborn, MI 48124)
- May 15, 2014
- ISM-SEM Member Meeting: Thomas.net presentation on e-catalogs and marketplaces for MRO
- Location: AIAG Headquarters, Southfield, MI
- Click here to view all events
other events of interest
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership in ISM - Southeast Michigan is open to the following:
- A person who is involved in the purchasing or materials process, including without limitation, purchasing, purchasing research, value analysis, inventory control, materials management, supply chain management, or any other activity or function which is related to the purchasing or materials process.
- An editor, secretary, or business manager employed by an Affiliated Association.
- A person with a full-time appointment as a teacher, research specialist, department head, director or dean of a college, university, or other academic institution whose academic responsibility includes purchasing management or materials management or other related fields or subjects. You may qualify for dues free status.
- A regular member whose dues are currently paid on a continuous basis who is unemployed shall continue to be eligible for membership.
- A regular member whose dues are currently paid on a continuous basis who retires shall continue to be eligible for membership.
- An undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time in an accredited community college or four-year college or university. You may qualify for dues free status if you meet the requirements and can provide the requested documentation.
- A person who is engaged in the business of providing consulting services primarily in the field of purchasing management and materials management on condition that such person does not solicit members of an affiliated association for consulting engagements.
In principle and in practice, the ISM Southeast Michigan values and seeks a diverse membership. Individual viewpoints and contributions are pursued and respected. There are no barriers to full participation in ISM on the basis of ethnic background, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. For ISM, diversity is valuing and respecting individual strengths, viewpoints and contributions. Diversity is viewed as a positive asset in ISM's growth and success. The association will value and embrace diversity in the membership. It is the policy of ISM not to be affiliated with an association which fails to adhere to the provisions of this statement of policy.
MORE REASONS FOR YOU TO JOIN...
Inside Supply Management™ >
Our monthly magazine contains national and international information on new trends and developments in the profession plus insightful "how-to" articles. The magazine is published exclusively for ISM members.
Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report on Business® (ROB) >
Published in Inside Supply Management™, our monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today.
Unlimited Access to the ISM Southeast Michigan and ISM's Web Site >
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable research tool. Members can search an extensive database for information and articles on supply management issues, take part in professional forums, contact their local affiliates or other related organizations, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
- The Online Career Center > - where you can search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your resume for organizations to see, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools.
- The ISM InfoCenter > - members can search an expansive database via the Internet, e-mail or fax a request to InfoCenter staff, or take advantage of free Resource Guides. Results within 48 hours!
No one understands better than ISM how purchasing affects the bottomline. One of our objectives is to promote the purchasing profession. Members have access to all ISM printed and electronic materials to help promote purchasing within the organizational infrastructure. We can help you communicate your value-added contributions to the senior management of your organization.
CPSM Program >
ISM launched the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) program in May 2008. The CPSM® is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as supplier relationship management, commodity management, risk and compliance issues and social responsibility.
Acquire new skills in planning, managing, and organizing while developing your leadership potential. Some committee members direct local educational events, set membership goals, assist in program development, and much more. Only ISM - Southeast Michigan members can participate.
Special Interest Groups and Forums >
Gain a deeper understanding of your purchasing specialty and develop valuable connections across the U.S. when you join an ISM special interest group or forum. ISM has groups in interest areas ranging from materials management to health care providers, to federal acquisitions. Only through ISM can you participate in the ISM special interest groups or forums.
Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies (CAPS) >
ISM members receive purchasing-related research studies and benchmarks free from CAPS, the only national not-for-profit research center in purchasing and materials management. CAPS sponsors three international roundtables throughout the year in North America, Europe, and Asia. Participants include more than one hundred Fortune 500 companies.
Seminar Discounts >
Enhance your professional development and job performance when you enroll in ISM seminars taught by experienced instructors. Over 90 seminars are conducted annually throughout the United States; intensive, one-week purchasing management programs are also conducted at selected universities. Members save up to $200 on each two-day seminar and $400 on each management program. Our satellite seminar series addresses different purchasing/supply management issues and is offered several times throughout the year. This live program allows you to interact with speakers and peers without leaving your city or affiliate area.
Professional Development Resources >
Over 80 different audio/video programs and over 50 different books to choose from. All programs are designed to heighten your acumen in a variety of subjects, including: global sourcing, negotiations, legal issues, and supply management. Video tapes are easily adaptable to individual or group presentations. Publications include: textbooks, workbooks, the TECHnotes series, with subject matter covering purchasing topics plus general business information. These professional development resources accommodate your unique schedule and pace, and ISM members save on all purchases and rentals.
Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit >
Network with 2000 peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. Workshop presenters are selected as a result of ISM's "Call for Presentations." The conference attracts distinguished speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
The Journal of Supply Chain Management >
The nation's first scholarly journal devoted exclusively to purchasing and materials management research and development. New members receive more than one-half off the 1 year subscription rate.
Recognition and Awards
Earn recognition when you are rewarded for exemplary service to ISM and the profession at large. The J. Shipman Gold Medal, established in 1931, is the purchasing profession's highest honor; other awards are given to ISM members for outstanding performance in the categories of Education/Learning, Innovation/Creativity, Leadership, Marketing/Communicating and Volunteerism.
ISM Knowledge Center >
Members can enroll in a free course on cost/price analysis, or take one of the growing number of other self-directed online courses and earn Continuing Education Hours toward recertification.
Once you are a member, you can receive valuable rewards by recruiting others into your professional association - ISM. Campaigns are run each year, giving members a continual opportunity to win.
For More information regarding membership, please contact us at:
ISM - Southeast Michigan, 313-881-0800, 313-881-4952 FAX, email@example.com
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Kimberly Doyle, Plante & Moran
Helen Ewing, The Ewing Group
Michael Fanfair, Valeo
Kent Handelsman Daniel Harris, ITC Holdings
Patrick Hoy, Mopec
Keith Huggins, Detroit Diesel
Michael McCallion, Visalus Sciences
Sherry Bush, MS Industries
Cecil Ibegbu, ITC Transmissions
Ericka Utz, MS Industries